Craig Martin is a commercially astute strategic designer and business leader with over 22 years of solid experience in entrepreneurship, innovation, business development and execution.
He is also a high-growth tech and services start-up founder and leader. He has founded and grown multiple service organizations, as well as product start-ups that have focussed on innovative multi-sided platforms within the AI and collaboration space.
Craig provides independent growth strategy, advisory and coaching support to executives, teams, start-ups, as well as established corporations. In his role he offers high level, substantiated recommendations to executives and board members on strategic direction, innovation, time-to-market, value management and lean-agile transformation. Craig is also an internationally recognized speaker on embedding innovation and creating value engines using design, architecture and agile.
He is one of the founders, and current chairman of the Australian Strategic Design Institute. The institute focusses on applying strategic design to tackling complex social problem spaces, to create the Australian society of the future.
He is a qualified strategic designer, digital strategist, green belt lean six sigma practitioner, certified lean-agile change agent (SPC), Open Group Certified architect and a licensed engage and grow coach.
Some of Craig’s achievements include:
- Designed ecosystems for digitising elections at a national scale;
- Launched the world’s first digital and enhanced television platform;
- Privatised government defence companies;
- Designed and optimised business models and product offerings for media, entertainment, logistics, banking and telecoms;
- Designed digital strategies for major finance corporations;
- Applied AI to complex / chaos scenarios in telecoms and transport;
- Designed one of the world’s first model driven and dynamically adaptable microservices solutions at scale; and
- Developed and launched thought leadership publications and training material in the space of strategic and enterprise design, business agility and architecture.